Home Charlaine Harris Discussion Forums Community I am somber today because . . .

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    crossfox21
    Participant

It’s very quiet in here.

Bigmama
      Participant

Well my grandson finally succumbed to covid! The rest of his family had already been infected but he is away at college and so far had not been infected even though he had not taken the vaccine. He woke up in the middle of the night feeling VERY ill and unable to breathe! He stayed up the rest of the night in fear that if he went to sleep he wouldn’t wake up! It has been four days and he is feeling better. He has a roommate who had covid a couple of weeks ago and kept an eye on him in case he felt he should take Kolton to the ER, but that was never necessary, thank, heaven. When will we ever be free of this scourge? We will enter the “normal” flu season soon and many are saying it will be very bad! All us believers need to pray harder!

crossfox21
        Participant

I’m so glad to hear Kolton is on the mend. I got either a cold or a breakthrough flu infection the week before last. At my husband’s urging, I got a PCR which was negative, so definitely not covid. I had forgotten how annoying even a garden-variety respiratory infection can be. While I’m fully vaccinated and mask up in stores, I had gotten a little casual about masking up in park restrooms and using hand sanitizer in the car after shopping. After two days of not feeling great and a week of plowing through ridiculous amounts of tissues, I’ve definitely gone back to more diligent mask and sanitizer use.

While I certainly believe prayer is helpful, God gave us brains and it’s disrespectful not to use them for the public good. All us believers need to, in a charitable spirit, listen to vaccine concerns and educate those who are misinformed about their safety and efficacy. Public health should not be the political casualty that it currently is. Vaccines are the fastest way for believers to help out here on earth. We shouldn’t wait for God to start throwing lightning around to get people’s attention, satisfying as that might be. When it comes to saving lives, vaccine education is a great way for us to do His work in the world.

Charlaine
          Participant

I agree with everything you say, Crossfox. I have a very hard time having patience with those who are refusing the vaccine for political reasons. My grandson caught COVID from such a person, and then gave it to us. We are so fortunate we survived and got well.

Smallpox and polio are down to minimal levels in the USA, and I consider vaccination for COVID to be the same importance.

Charlaine Harris

crossfox21
            Participant

It’s a scary disease for sure, with long-lasting aftereffects for many people, as with the two diseases you mentioned.

I would draw your attention to the number of spam posts on this website. There is no way evident to alert Dawn about them. I am willing to check this site daily if necessary, but don’t have the skills to delete them myself. I’m in the process of permanently deleting my FB account (social media is dead to me at this point, unless you count blogs and message boards like this one) so I can’t notify you that way.

Charlaine
              Participant

Crossfox, thanks for drawing my attention to this. In my sporadic visits, I’ve tried to take care of a few myself. But this is a good opening to introduce Sarah Simpson-Weiss, who is my new web person. Dawn did an amazing job for so many years, but the change in platforms made it more complicated work than she signed on for. Sarah very kindly agreed to give it a shot, and she’ll be doing other work for me, too. I’m going to alert her to this, and maybe if you can alert me, I can alert her.

Charlaine

crossfox21
                Participant

Oops, missed this before posting on the B&B thread. Hello Sarah! Charlaine, I don’t have a current email for you, and can’t find a way to PM on this board, or any contact info at all for that matter; your old email is no longer in service. FB is no longer an option for me. I will reach out to you and, if it goes through, you can let me know how best to alert you. If you don’t hear from me by tomorrow, Sarah should be able to retrieve my info from WordPress and get in touch with instructions. I just need to remember to check my gmail inbox, which I don’t really use as a rule.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.