Home Charlaine Harris Discussion Forums Community I am happy today because…

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Rebecca19
    Participant

Oh Crossfox, I’ve been thinking of you lately because I saw a cool Christmas tree in Cambridge in our home state. It was created entirely from upside down bushel baskets and decorated with repurposed items. It was beautiful! I wish that kind of beauty for you–that which was worn, will become new and something beautiful–your new life, your new health, and your new furry friend–May all of these things give you joy! Here is a quote from Dickens that seems timely in every way for all of us :“It is a fair, even-handed, noble adjustment of things, that while there is infection in disease and sorrow, there is nothing in the world so irresistibly contagious as laughter and good humour.” Merry Christmas to all of you! I’m grateful for you!

crossfox21
      Participant

Thank you all for all the good wishes! Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it, and happy holidays to all who share celebrations in the dark days of winter. And a much better New Year for all of us!

Bigmama
        Participant

EEEK! Have a fabulous New Year! My dearest friend-love to you all! Bigmama misses you!

crossfox21
          Participant

Same to you BigMama! Have fun with your kitten! They are an endless source of entertainment.

Bigmama
            Participant

My kitten is growing by leaps and bounds and we think he has fallen in LOVE! Our “outside cat”, who was bestowed upon me many years ago by my older grandson, is a huge orange tabby with a BAD attitude. He refused to be a house cat and rules the yard with an iron paw. He does have a lady friend who comes around-she had kittens under our house last year and we were not able to catch them before she moved them elsewhere. Well the kitten sits at the window and cries to go out to her whenever she appears near the porch. Unfortunately, the one time he was able to dart out the door to meet her, he met the orange cat and all his dominant fury instead! We were luckily able to rescue him before it became ugly. Kitten still pines at the window.

crossfox21
              Participant

Our elderly cat Clover was a feral kitten before we made her an indoor cat. She was indoor-outdoor for several years, but when our dog had to rescue her from a fox – a blood-curdling incident – we put our feet down. She’s always had a dog buddy though. Otherwise I would probably have gotten a second kitten. We don’t think of domestic cats as social animals, but they kind of are. My working student rescued a second kitten after the first one was driving her nuts with his demands for attention. Her life is a lot more peaceful now that the kitties wear each other out.

crossfox21
                Participant

I am totally loving my newly fenced back yard. I really, really loved it at 4am, when it was 19F outside, and Mattie decided she had to use the bathroom *right then*. I am scheduled to pick up a foster pup this evening around 8pm when the transport arrives. The pup is 3 months old and a heeler mix, so I’ll be loving my fence even more this week.

I think Mattie will be happy too, because she really enjoyed our last foster pup. She’s been watching out for puppies on our hikes ever since. And the herding breeds recognize each other in general, and play in similar ways. This pup has two prospective adopters interested already, and I get first pick if I decide she’s a good fit for us. We’ll see how it goes. I will continue fostering even if we decide to keep this one, because herders are kind of graduate level dogs and not everyone is ready to take one on. That’s one reason a lot of them end up in rescue.

audiobooklover
                  Participant

My son and his gf were here for several days over the holidays along with our two grandcats. They are brothers and are very close. They like to groom each other and curl up to sleep together. They don’t mind their carrier too much as long as they are in it together. It took them a day or two to get used to being here, but they did surprisingly well overall. They joined the family at the end of last February (so it’s been almost a year) after being rescued from the streets in Mexico.

Bigmama
                    Participant

Our rescue kitty we got in August had a twin brother and we started to get him also but was afraid two might be too much for us. We are sorry now we didn’t get him and actually went back to the rescue center to see if he was still there but unfortunately he wasn’t. I think we will go back anyway and see what they have because our cat is driving us nuts wanting attention! H needs a playmate!

crossfox21
                      Participant

You will be glad you did, I think. It takes a lot of the pressure off the humans. Mattie’s having fun with this puppy and Clover is tolerating her well. There’s an adopter interested so I’m looking forward to chatting with her and possibly meeting up. The rescue does the initial vetting of candidates, and the foster advocates for the best potential placement for the individual dog. This pup is a fabulous athlete and the potential adopter is a triathlete and hiker, plus has an adult dog, which this pup will need for confidence.

Rebecca19
                        Participant

My flamenco teacher put me onto the writing of Franklin Habit, Knitting columnist, and I laughed to the point of tears and I don’t even knit (yet). If you need to be happy today, try this out: https://www.moderndailyknitting.com/2022/01/10/a-letter-from-paris-pecked-in-paris/. And there is more where that came from! I’m even reading his knitting book reviews. That’s how entertaining he is!

crossfox21
                          Participant

Sounds like fun! I’m currently haunting Ilona Andrews’ blog on Fridays for the new Innkeeper serial. Just what the doctor ordered!

BoomersMama
                            Participant

I’m happy today because I only have two weeks left of law school! Ms. Harris: If you’re in the New Orleans area during the third weekend of May, you should come to my graduation crawfish boil! It’ll be a good time with good people (and great food!).

Bigmama
                              Participant

Crossfox, I am also addicted to Innkeeper. I actually became friends with Ilona years ago when she came to one of the fan club parties Charlaine had during Romantic Times. She and Gordon are such nice people and I love their web site.

Bigmama
                                Participant

Crossfox, are you a member of the “BDH” (Book Devouring Horde)? 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.