Home Charlaine Harris Discussion Forums Community I am happy today because…

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Bigmama
    Participant

Charlaine, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it is the SECOND shot that delivers the whammy! I had absolutely no problem with the first shot-I did not even have the sore arm that many reported. YAHOO! The second shot was the kicker! I had severe flue-like symptoms for over a week, and muscle aches for much longer than that. Initially muscle pain, some nausea and mild headache. It was the muscle pain that was worse for me. Just have some Tylenol available!

Charlaine
      Participant

Lucky me! I’m the one who had a terrible reaction to the first vaccine! It’s just like having COVID all over again. I hope tomorrow is better.

Charlaine Harris

audiobooklover
        Participant

Oh no! I hope you feel much better today.

Charlaine
          Participant

Yes, thanks. My fever broke yesterday, and I had a restful night. Woke feeling just about back to normal.

Charlaine Harris

audiobooklover
            Participant

Glad to hear it. That’s what I’ve heard from a lot of people who had side effects from the vaccine – a day and maybe night of symptoms and then fine the next day.

Bigmama
              Participant

Wow Charlaine, so sorry to hear that. I would think you would be protected by antibodies! Maybe the second one will be easier since you already had the reaction.

Charlaine
                Participant

I have a new Book & Blog up! Check out what I’ve been reading. So many books, so little time!

Charlaine Harris

Rebecca19
                  Participant

Wow, it’s been a while since I’ve been on–so sorry to hear about the vaccine trouble for you both, Big Mama and Ms. C–glad you are both better, now! I’ve had my head down researching Anne Boleyn’s early life. I’ve greatly enjoyed it. It’s for an ebook I was asked to do for an event on May 19 (the date of her execution). In my reading, I learned more about Marguerite de Navarre of France. She was the sister of Francis I, King of France in the 16th c,and given the moniker, “The First Modern Woman” by her early 20th c biographer. She was truly fascinating. Among her accomplishments was her “Heptameron.” It is a collection of over 70 short stories. I look forward to reading more about her. I just purchased two very old books–one is her Heptameron, which appears to be over a hundred years old but somewhere in there it belonged to someone named Mariann in Trenton, NJ. I wonder what Mariann thought of it? And a 1936 copy of Marguerite’s biography by Samuel Putnam. I love these old books! And I didn’t break the bank. Together they were less than buying two hardbacks in a bookstore today. And yes, I love how they smell…Here’s to old books and surviving our vaccines!

Charlaine
                    Participant

Today I am happy, grateful, and just about ecstatic to say that Mystery Writers of America has given me the title Grand Master. Only one or two are named every year, and this year Jeffrey Deaver and I are the recipients of this honor. We have to accept virtually, and it would be more fun in person, but I’m not griping. The ceremony (which includes the Edgar Awards) will be on MWA’s Youtube page in the near future.

This is my fortieth year as a published writer. What an amazing career I have had. I could never have imagined any of this.

Charlaine Harris

Bigmama
                      Participant

Teehee! Remember-you were an overnight success!

audiobooklover
                        Participant

Congratulations!! That’s wonderful news and well-deserved. *claps*

Charlaine
                          Participant

It’s certainly been a long and winding road. But it lead to a great place.

Charlaine Harris

Charlaine
                            Participant

It’s certainly been a long and winding road. But it lead to a great place.

Charlaine Harris

Charlaine
                              Participant

We’re back up! Dawn had to spend a lot of time on the phone, but finally the website is back on line and running. And we don’t even know why it vanished.

Charlaine Harris

Charlaine
                                Participant

I am happy today because I am going to DragonCon in Atlanta over Labor Day weekend. I’m anxious, too, because I’m well aware that the Delta Variant is something to be feared. But I will be masked, I’ll social distance, I won’t be staying in a hotel, and I’m limiting my appearances. Above all, I’m vaccinated! I’m just doing a signing and a panel and attending the awards ceremony, because THE RUSSIAN CAGE got nominated for an award (Alternate History). I’m both nervous and excited at doing a public appearance after so long.

Charlaine Harris

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.