Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Sarah Simpson-Weiss
    Participant

Hi Everyone!

I’m writing this post to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Sarah Simpson-Weiss and I am Charlaine’s new webmistress and Facebook administrator. I first met Charlaine at Dragon Con 11 years ago, and can’t believe I’m working for her all these years later. If you come across any issues on the forum or Facebook, feel free to reach out to me at webmistress@charlaineharris.com. I’ve heard from Charlaine’s readers that this forum used to be quite lively and a lot of fun, and I hope together we can bring it back to it’s former glory! So happy to e-meet you all!

crossfox21
      Participant

Hi Sarah! Good to see you! I found this board quite difficult to access after I’d forgotten my original PW. It got me stuck in a loop that never allowed me to reset the PW or sign in under my original username. I had to set up an entirely new account IIRC. Because it takes a while to develop the habit of checking a new website, I wonder whether others may have had similar issues.

Hi Crossfox21! Did this happen in the last 24 hours? Or before that? We’ve had a lot of emails that people were not receiving password reset emails the past few months, so yesterday I added new plugins that should fix the problem going forward, but if you had trouble in the past 24 hours, please let me know so I can make sure the plugins are working correctly.Also, if you want to email me your original username, I can reset the password manually and email the new one to you so you can access that account.

crossfox21
        Participant

No worries: the new account works fine. This happened many months ago. Thanks for the offer though!

aquasam
          Participant

Hi, Sarah!

I’m so glad. If you have any issues with it just give me a shout!

Yes it was fun. There was even monthly drawings. If I remember correctly Ms Harris use to go by Duckpond. I too had to create a new profile some months ago. I also don’t see where I can update my address?

Hello!!

I’m not sure if we still have the address feature, but if Charlaine decides to start doing the giveaways again I’ll definitely get it set up again.

Charlaine
            Participant

There are lots of things I need to start doing again! I’m trying to scrape up the energy.

Charlaine

crossfox21
              Participant

So are we all, I think. The past few years have taken a lot out of everyone, and none of us are aging backwards. I say “no” more than I used to, and it’s getting slowly more comfortable. There’s only so much of us to go around.

Charlaine
                Participant

I agree, crossfox. And I noticed this about myself: I’m definitely not afraid to let people think I can’t do something because I’m old, or that I don’t understand something simply because I’m old. Easy out? Yes, but I’ll take it . . . because I’m old!

crossfox21
                  Participant

Same here. Age hath its privilege!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.