The Russian Cage ~ Book 3 in the Gunnie Rose Series ***Beware of Spoilers***

The Russian Cage ~ Book 3 in the Gunnie Rose Series ***Beware of Spoilers***

Home Forums Charlaine Harris Discussion Forums Gunnie Rose The Russian Cage ~ Book 3 in the Gunnie Rose Series ***Beware of Spoilers***

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      sonofnorway56

Following is a synopsis of The Russian Cage, the third installment in the Gunnie Rose series:

“Picking up right where A Longer Fall left off, this thrilling third installment follows Lizbeth Rose as she takes on one of her most dangerous missions yet: rescuing her estranged partner, Prince Eli, from the Holy Russian Empire. Once in San Diego, Lizbeth is going to have to rely upon her sister Felicia, and her growing Grigori powers to navigate her way through this strange new world of royalty and deception in order to get Eli freed from jail where he’s being held for murder.

Russian Cage continues to ramp up the momentum with more of everything Harris’ readers adore her for with romance, intrigue, and a deep dive into the mysterious Holy Russian Empire.”

If you would like to comment on this book, please do so on this topic thread. If you are going to bring up spoilers please give us a ***Spoiler Alert*** warning so as to not spoil the plotline for those that have not read it yet.

LAWombat
      Participant

Continuity error.
      I’m really enjoying The Russian Cage, Lizbeth Rose’s presence is so distinctive and fresh. I normally wouldn’t quibble about errors in a book, but this is a glaring continuity error and may not have been caught. Page 61 of my Kindle edition has Felix day, “Our mother was dead by then.”
      Then on page 62, Felix says “…she hired my mother to help…” and references his mother several more times. Sorry to be That Person, but it’s noticeable and maybe can be corrected in future editions.

Charlaine Harris

Thanks for the tip, LAWombat. Of course, I never like to hear that I made a mistake (and so did my editor, my proofreader, and several other people), but in this case I think it’s an easy fix. I’ll try to get a change in there, but it won’t be the second edition . . . the book’s already gone back to print, I’m delighted to say.

Charlaine Harris

Charlaine Harris

Kate Savage
      Participant

I love the characters in this series, the twists, and find the pacing to be excellent. Charlaine Harris is consistently a wonderful writer. I have a question about the Kindle edition.
      ****Spoiler Alert****

There is a discussion about “nulls” being people who are not affected by magic and magic can’t be worked around them. A character is identified as one but in a later scene, is knocked out by a spell. Is there something I missed?

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by Kate Savage.
      audiobooklover
      Participant

I finally got a chance to listen to The Russian Cage and really enjoyed it. I’ve been wondering about the Holy Russian Empire since hearing about it in the first book, so I was glad that we got to visit it along with Lizbeth in this one. I love Felicia in this book!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.