Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      web admin
      Keymaster

Use this thread to discuss the Lily Bard Shakespeare series by Charlaine Harris.

Dorothy
      Participant

When I need to stiffen my spine, I re-read the Lily Bard mysteries. Lily inspires me to soldier on and get on with the task at hand, and stop whining. I do have a question from Shakespeare’s Champion, maybe you know the answer? After Lily’s elderly client passes on, the client’s close friend, Arnita Winthrop, invites Lily over to her house and gives her a ring. She tells Lily that her friend was grateful for Lily’s years of dedication, and wanted Lily to have it. The episode leaves a sour taste in Lily’s mouth, and eventually Lily learns from the Winthrops’ housekeeper that the ring never belonged to her client. What is going on here? Why is Arnita giving her own ring to Lily? Is she conspiring with Howell Senior to introduce Lily to him?

Bigmama
        Participant

I don’t think so. I think that Arnita was genuinely grateful to Lily for the care she had given her friend. I don’t think she had any idea the gift would become an issue to the other Winthrops. I think Arnita suspected her husband was not a good man and was afraid of him but I don’t think she was actually involved in his hateful crimes.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Bigmama.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.