Home Forums Charlaine Harris Discussion Forums Community I am happy today because…

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      web admin
      Keymaster

Use this thread to discuss happy things in your life you’d like to share with the community.

crossfox
      Participant

Shiny new website! Cool!

sonofnorway56

Thanks for setting this up Dawn. It may take us a while to learn to navigate around the site but it will give us something to play around with when things settle down after the holidays.

audiobooklover
      Participant

Woohoo! I managed to get here. Looking forward to using the new forum.

crossfox
      Participant

Hey guys! *dancing around the gym floor* Thank you Dawn!

Rebecca19
      Participant

Helloooo? echoooo 🙂 Everybody here? How fun is this?! I like our new digs! Thank you, Dawn!

I saw in one of our last threads that “True Blood” is having a re-boot. It’s funny, I never watched the show when it started because I had just been through a c-section to be followed by two more c-sections totaling three children in three and a half years so I had had enough of blood and romance for a while. My husband kept telling me “You would LOVE this! It has a fairy in it! And a vampire!”

“Uh-huh” I’d grunt as I passed through the family room with a dirty diaper. (to be fair, he was a five star dad who would often feed our babies in the night so I could sleep!!)

It wasn’t until my children could get in a car on their own that I could address it– but by then the show was off the air–I think it was the summer of 2015 but I was just as happy to start with the books! And I fell in love!! I just adored Sookie and everyone in the book (Husband: “I told you so!”). Some people prefer to refer to the Sookie Stackhouse series as campy–and they are fun–but I also found them enormously profound. Like Gene Roddenberry, Ms.C has used extraordinary characters to teach us about ourselves.

Since reading the books, I’ve loved Alan Ball’s creative response. He really makes the characters come alive (though mostly undead ;)).

Maybe I missed this info (and right now I feel like Alice in Wonderland finding my way through the new site–sorry-I’m so not tech savvy!) But are you writing books for the series, Ms. C ? Or are they based on the follow up Sookie short stories? In other words, is there somewhere to read first? 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Rebecca19.
      aquasam
      Participant

I am going to miss the old forum page, but I am very happy that we still have one to come to!

Bigmama
        Participant

I am so glad to finally figure out how to get here! Yay! I am actually known as Bigmama!

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Bigmama.
      EnchantedRose
      Participant

Hi everyone! I’m happy today because I found this new forum. I was on the old one (username was Babbs something, I can’t even remember it’s been so long!). I just wanted to say hi, and that I miss the fan club, the Christmas cards, bookplates, giveaways, and especially how caring everyone was. All of you moderators were so sweet. It was 8 years ago, but I still remember how Michelle (I think it was?) sent me a surprise baby outfit for my son right after he was born. It was so thoughtful and kind, and I’m so glad I’ve been given another chance to say so! Hope everyone is safe during these crazy times! It looks like it hasn’t been used in a while, but I figured I’d write a post just in case 🙂

Charlaine

Enchanted Rose, it’s good to hear from you again. This board, whether crowded or not, is a great place. We just got out from under the terrible weather here in Texas, and we are so relieved to be able to leave our homes and be warm again. The destruction here was so awful, with so many pipes bursting, so many accidents, so much loss of power in the dreadful cold. Gosh, I thought 2020 was enough! But no, we’ve got more to get through.

Charlaine Harris

sonofnorway56

I’m happy to things are finally thawing in SW Ohio. We have been lucky here in the past few years – this February is the first time I’ve had to get out the snow shovel in over 2 years. My heart goes out to those that have suffered through this latest weather disaster.

Enchanted, I remember you! You went by Babbs something and I believe you lived down south (Florida maybe?). I can’t believe that was 8 years ago. Where did the time go? Hope you and your family are well.

EnchantedRose
        Participant

Charlaine, I have a few friends in Texas and couldn’t believe it when I heard how awful the conditions were. I’m used to hurricanes here in South Florida, but experiencing that kind of cold with no power for heat must have been so scary. Glad to hear you are okay despite so much widespread damage, and thank you for writing when you must have so much going on. It’s just one disaster after another, isn’t it?

Sonofnorway, time really flies! I am flattered you remember so much! We are all hanging in. I’m high risk with a heart condition and my son had asthma (makes him high risk as well), so our family has been stuck in the house for a year now. I’ve promised him when this is all over and it’s safe again that we’ll take him to Universal and Harry Potter World because he’s been so spectacular about our situation. It hasn’t been pleasant, but I am grateful we have been able to keep safe. I hope everything is going great for you 🙂

Charlaine

That’s all good to know, though I’m sorry you’ve had to keep strict isolation. We are so looking forward to busting out!

In other news, my virtual visit with Mysterious Galaxy in San Diego went well last night. Tomorrow, I “drop in” at Poisoned Pen in Scottsdale, AZ, and Friday night I’m at Murder by the Book in Houston, TX. These are all favorite bookstores of mine, and I’m hoping to see some familiar names among the participants.

Charlaine Harris

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.